Occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants play a crucial role in facilitating children's engagement in the meaningful activities they desire and need to carry out in their daily lives, across various settings including home, school, work, and the community.
Our occupational therapy services encompass a comprehensive array of offerings:
- Personalized assessment sessions, during which the child, family, and occupational therapist collaborate to establish specific goals.
- Tailored interventions aimed at enhancing children's capacity to undertake day-to-day tasks, promoting skill development through a child-centered and family-oriented treatment strategy.
- Take-home programs designed to facilitate the application of therapy techniques in the child's natural environment.
- Ongoing evaluation of outcomes to ensure the fulfillment of objectives, with adjustments made as per the child's evolving requirements and capabilities.
JSS’ Occupational Therapists are dedicated to aiding children in:
- Enhancing balance, coordination, strength, and motor planning (praxis) abilities.
- Cultivating fine motor skills and refining handwriting proficiency.
- Developing hand-eye coordination for activities like targeting, batting, copying from a board, etc.
- Mastering daily living skills such as bathing, dressing, grooming, and feeding.
- Utilizing specialized equipment like wheelchairs, splints, bathing aides, dressing tools, and communication aids.
- Addressing challenges related to sensory processing, attention, and concentration.
At Jumping Step by Step, our occupational therapists specialize in the assessment and treatment of the following domains:
- Sensorimotor Skills
- Sensory Processing and Modulation Disorders, including Sensory-based eating and learning difficulties
- Visual-Motor Integration
- Visual Perceptual Skills
- Fine Motor Control and Coordination
- Gross Motor Control and Coordination
- Self-Care Skills
- Social Interaction Skills
- Executive Functioning Skills
Our team of pediatric therapists is well-versed in working with children diagnosed with a range of conditions including:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
- Down Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Asperger Syndrome
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD)
- Gross and Fine Motor Delays
- Neurological Disorders
- Chromosomal Disorders
- Executive Function Disorders
- Developmental Delays
- Coordination and Balance Problems